Most AVEVA™ users are already familiar with the native connectivity options they have for interfacing with different systems. Many AVEVA users have also turned to TOP Server over the years, both for standardizing device connectivity in a single server and for drivers/protocols not available as native AVEVA options as a complementary solution.
Those users of AVEVA System Platform have traditionally connected to TOP Server directly via either its native SuiteLink interface. AVEVA's OI Gateway provides those users the additional option of connecting to OPC UA data sources, for easier and more secure remote connections to such data sources.
In this video blog post, we will cover the basic steps to connect AVEVA InTouch to TOP Server via OPC UA, expanding device connectivity options for AVEVA users.
Watch this video to learn step-by-step how to get started using the a wide variety of TOP Server connectivity drivers with AVEVA InTouch over OPC UA, including issuing security certificates, exchanging security certificates, setting up user authentication and more.
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to confirm TOP Server device settings are correct prior to moving to client configuration (this example connects to a Siemens S7-1500 with symbolic tag references).
- How to configure the TOP Server OPC UA server interface settings for secure connectivity from UA clients including defining users/passwords and OPC UA server endpoints and the security policies for those endpoints.
- How to configure an OI Gateway OPC UA Client connection including testing settings, certificate locations and browsing/selecting OPC UA tags from the UA server.
- How to confirm OI Gateway settings are correct prior to moving to InTouch configuration.
- How to configure an InTouch project with a window, Access Name, Topic and Item for accessing TOP Server securely via OPC UA.
And to take the next step and get your own devices connected with InTouch using TOP Server, visit our TOP Server video resources library for client and device-specific how-to tutorials.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to not only be notified of future posts on TOP Server and AVEVA applications but to also find out about more relevant technical topics applying to industrial process automation and solving related challenges.
Want to try TOP Server for Integrating Your Own Devices with AVEVA InTouch? Download the free trial.