Cogent DataHub enables a wide range of connectivity interfaces for different data sources such as OPC UA, OPC DA, ODBC, DDE and so much more. This makes DataHub a flexible gateway commonly used for data integration by external software such as HMI, SCADA, MES, historians and other client applications.
In this video blog, I'll show you how to use DataHub V10's support for OPC UA Alarms & Conditions to enable OPC Classic Alarms & Events servers to work with newer OPC UA clients supporting Alarms & Conditions.
Watch this video to learn how to connect DataHub to any OPC Classic Alarms & Events (OPC AE) server and convert that data for use by any OPC UA client supporting the Alarms & Conditions profile including basic setup. Looking for other how-to videos for DataHub? Click here!
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure the DataHub to connect to an OPC Classic AE Server.
- Specifying the OPC Classic AE Server to connect to (this example using TOP Server).
- Specifying the DataHub Data Domain where the OPC AE data will be available.
- Verifying connectivity and good OPC AE alarms and events data with the DataHub Data Browser.
- How to configure the DataHub OPC UA server for Alarms & Conditions.
- Enabling OPC UA Alarms and Conditions server.
- Specifying the DataHub Data Domain that contains the OPC AE data.
- Using Unified Automation Expert OPC UA Test Client to verify conversion
- For a UA connection to DataHub, configuring an Event View to consume the converted alarms and conditions data from DataHub.
- Adding the Server object from DataHub to the Event View Configuration.
- Viewing/Verifying the events, alarms and event history accessible to UAExpert from DataHub from the OPC Classic AE server.
It's also useful to understand that these same methods will allow conversion from OPC UA A&C to OPC Classic AE, as well, since DataHub supports acting as both a client and server for both of those interfaces. This is useful for the reverse situations where you have a UA A&C server but your client only supports OPC Classic AE.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to DataHub and for other how-to videos on using DataHub.
Ready to your own alarms and events/conditions using DataHub?