You've likely already heard about Cogent DataHub Version 9 and it's new MQTT integration capabilities. The DataHub V9 MQTT Client goes beyond just generically connecting to MQTT Brokers by providing smart connectors for Azure IoT Hub, Google IoT and Amazon IoT Core MQTT Broker services.
The following short video blog demonstrates step-by-step how to easily configure the DataHub MQTT Client for publishing OPC UA and OPC DA data from DataHub to the Azure IoT Hub, as well as, pushing data from the many other data sources supported by Cogent DataHub (such as ODBC, DDE, Modbus and more).
In this video you will learn how to setup the MQTT Client feature of Cogent DataHub V9 for the following functions:
- Connecting OPC UA and DA data sources with the Cogent DataHub
- Publishing OPC UA and OPC DA data available in Cogent DataHub to the Azure IoT Hub
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure an OPC UA client connection to an OPC UA server
- How to configure an OPC DA client connection to an OPC DA server
- How to configure an MQTT Client publish (pushing data) to the Azure IoT Hub (MQTT Broker)
- Downloading Azure Device Explorer (Downloadable Here)
- Configuring the Azure IoT Hub section of the DataHub MQTT Client feature
- How to monitor the published data in Azure IoT Hub using Azure Device Explorer
Are you ready to start integrating your systems with the Azure IoT Hub?