As part of our continuous improvement process at Software Toolbox, OmniServer is updated several times a year to add additional useful features and tools, and to resolve any known issues.
In this video blog, I will cover updates and enhancements available in OmniServer V18.104.22.168 to help you with usability, performance and troubleshooting while connecting to all of your non-standard devices.
Watch this video to learn recent OmniServer updates available with the current version - V22.214.171.124. For full release details, visit the News section of the OmniServer website.
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to define a new OmniServer Topic directly from the Device using the "New Topic" button.
- How to advance from one field to the next in all OmniServer configuration windows using the Tab key.
- The increased protocol list length when configuring an OmniServer Topic.
- Improved performance when using OmniServer Topic Import via CSV.
- How to troubleshoot device connectivity issues from your client application using the new server-level "Overall_Status" item.
- How to see which devices are communicating normally or not using the new "Runtime Device State Coloring" feature.
- How to use the new "Offline Devices" diagnostic view to see which devices are currently offline and what error is causing that behavior.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to OmniServer and for how-to videos and other resources on using OmniServer.
Ready to try these new OmniServer features with your own non-standard devices?