OmniServer's connectivity and data parsing capabilities are only part of how OmniServer helps with integrating non-standard devices with Wonderware. How does the device data actually make it into Wonderware?
In this video blog, part of a series on connecting Wonderware to OmniServer, I'll show you how to make a basic SuiteLink connection from Wonderware Historian to OmniServer for historizing process data from all of your "other" devices where there isn't a standard, off-the-shelf driver - all without the cost and effort of having to write a custom driver.
Watch this video to learn how to connect Wonderware Historian to OmniServer via SuiteLink, including basic setup, for integrating your non-standard devices without code. Looking for how to connect System Platform to OmniServer via OPC? Via SuiteLink? InTouch via SuiteLink?
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure a simulation topic in OmniServer using the CLIENT_TEST protocol and RANDOM device.
- How to change the Update rate for your topic in an OmniServer topic when connecting via SuiteLink (or other non-OPC clients).
- How to configure a new Historian I/O Server Type for OmniServer
- How to configure a new Historian I/O Server connection to OmniServer via SuiteLink
- How to configure a new topic in Historian
- How to configure a new tag in Historian
- How to start collecting OmniServer data in Historian
- How to view historized data from OmniServer in Wonderware Historian Client
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to OmniServer and for other how-to videos on using OmniServer with Wonderware.
Ready to historize data from your own non-standard devices with Wonderware Historian using OmniServer?