2020 was an extraordinarily challenging year for the world and, as a result, a phenomenally transformational year in manufacturing as industries worldwide had to adapt to succeed in the face of new challenges.
We start each year off, in the spirit of a new year, with sharing references to learning resources that users have told us were the most helpful to them over the course of the last year. This year's post contains an extraordinary amount of virtual technical training opportunities.
Data Integration & Dashboard Training
- Converting OPC DA Servers to OPC UA
- Unifying process and business data sources with aggregations, calculations, and dashboarding for operational insights
- Logging OPC UA data to SQL and AzureSQL
- Confirming datalogging through PLC handshaking
- Connecting Barcode Scanners and Printers
- Securing Remote Access to Industrial Data
- Extracting LGH history data from remote InTouch systems
IIoT Technology Virtual Training
We covered a wide range of technologies in our free virtual training classes. These topics were by far the most popular virtual training classes so if you missed them here's your chance to learn more.
Each year we build more and more product video training and publish it in each product's training center. Here are some popular new videos and links to product training centers
- Configuring the Cogent DataHub OPC UA Server
- OPC Router Basic Training
- Configuring the TOP Server OPC UA Server Interface
- TOP Server Training Videos
- OmniServer Training Videos
- DataHub Training Videos
- OPC Router Training Videos
- Flow Software Training Series
- OPC Data Client Development Toolkit
Tech Support Corner
These posts were by far the most popular, covering topics to help keep life calm, prevent problems, and solve them. Some particularly hot ones were:
- Exploring OPC UA Security
- Discussing OPC UA with your IT team
- Firewall ports and why your IT team has concerns
With a new tip each month, this is a great reason to be subscribed to our blog.
- Building Custom OPC Client Applications with Low-Code
- Building Custom OPC Client Applications with No Code
- Benefits of using Development Toolkits in custom OPC Client and OPC Server application development
- Building a custom OPC DA & UA Server with No Code
- Developing OPC UA PubSub Client Applications
User Case Study: Modular Procedure Automation (MPA) at Air Liquide
Learn how Air Liquide, a world leader in chemicals manufacturing, is migrating to MPA using OPC UA and OPC bridging to lower startup time by over 60% and increase production by over 500 additional tons of liquid oxygen (LOX) resulting in increased profitability.