Cogent DataHub enables a wide range of connectivity interfaces for different data sources such as OPC UA, OPC DA, ODBC, DDE and so much more. As such, DataHub is a flexible gateway commonly used for data integration by external software such as HMI, SCADA, MES, historians and other client applications.
In this video blog, I'll show you how to make a secure OPC UA connection from OPC UA clients supporting the Data Access profile to DataHub for integrating process data from a myriad of data sources.
Watch this video to learn how to connect any OPC UA (Data Access Profile) client application to Cogent DataHub, including basic setup, for integrating a wide range of data sources. Looking for other how-to videos for DataHub? Click here!
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure the DataHub OPC UA Server.
- How to define the endpoint URL and port.
- How to manage DataHub's UA Server security certificate.
- How to enable/disable specific security encryption policies.
- How to trust or reject OPC UA client certificates (including how to import a certificate from an OPC UA client).
- How to configure a username/password for use in UA authentication.
- How to configure an OPC UA connection to DataHub from the Unified Automation UAExpert test client.
- How to export the client security certificate.
- How to configure the properties for a connection to DataHub, either using the included UA discovery server or by manually specifying the connection properties.
- How to browse and add objects from any DataHub data domain that is configured in your DataHub (which applies to any data source DataHub can connect to).
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to DataHub and for other how-to videos on using DataHub.
Ready to access data from your data sources with your own OPC UA client using DataHub?