TOP Server for AVEVA™, formerly Wonderware connectivity to hundreds of device types and protocols is only part of how TOP Server helps with integrating industrial process data with external software such as AVEVA™ System Platform, formerly Wonderware and other client applications. How does the device data actually make it into the client?
In this video blog, I'll show you how to make a secure OPC UA connection from OPC UA clients supporting the Data Access profile to TOP Server for integrating process data from the wide variety of device vendors and protocols that TOP Server supports. We cover the basics of configuring the OPC UA server interface in TOP Server and making an OPC UA connection using an OPC UA test client.
Watch this video to learn how to connect any OPC UA (Data Access Profile) client application such as AVEVA™ System Platform, formerly Wonderware to TOP Server, including basic setup, for integrating PLCs, RTUs and other common process devices. Looking for other how-to videos for TOP Server? Click here!
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure a TOP Server OPC UA server endpoint.
- How to define the endpoint URL and port.
- How to issue or import TOP Server's security certificate.
- How to enable/disable specific security encryption policies.
- How to trust or reject OPC UA client certificates (including how to import a certificate from an OPC UA client)
- How to configure an OPC UA connection to TOP Server from the Unified Automation UAExpert test client.
- How to export the client security certificate.
- How to configure the properties for a connection to TOP Server.
- How to browse and add objects from the TOP Server address space.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to TOP Server for AVEVA™, formerly Wonderware and for other how-to videos on using TOP Server.
Ready to access data from your own process devices with your own OPC UA client using TOP Server?