Cogent DataHub enables a wide range of flexible connectivity options between interfaces for different data sources such as OPC UA, MQTT, OPC DA, ODBC, DDE and so much more. This is why we commonly refer to DataHub as a "gateway", as it is frequently utilized for data integration by external software such as HMI, SCADA, MES, historians and other client applications, including for IIoT integration.
In Part 1 of our Cogent DataHub Virtual Training series, we will cover step-by-step how to easily connect OPC UA (Data Access Profile) client applications to your OPC DA Classic server data sources.
Watch this video to learn how to convert any OPC DA server to OPC UA (Data Access Profile) for connectivity from any OPC UA (Data Access Profile) client application using Cogent DataHub, including basic setup, for integrating a wide range of data sources. Looking for other how-to videos for DataHub? Click here!
If you'd like to follow along, you can obtain a free trial by clicking here.
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure the DataHub OPC DA client to connect your OPC DA server.
- Browsing and selecting the OPC DA server
- Browsing and selecting OPC DA tags
- Verifying a good connection and changing data
- How to configure the DataHub OPC UA server
- Review of the default UA server settings
- Confirming and copying the UA endpoint that a UA client can connect to
- Verifying the status of the UA server
- How to make an OPC UA client connection to DataHub from the Unified Automation UAExpert test client.
- How to configure the properties for a connection to DataHub by manually specifying the connection properties.
- How to exchange security certificates
- How to tags/objects from the DataHub data domain in DataHub
While this training specifically covers connecting an OPC DA data domain in DataHub, UA clients can access any configured data domain in DataHub (which applies to any data source DataHub can connect to). You can learn more about the DataHub OPC Gateway here.
If you haven't already, please remember to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to DataHub and for other how-to videos on using DataHub.
Ready to access data from your OPC DA Classic and other data sources with your own OPC UA client using DataHub?