As a continuation of our Tech Support Corner blog series, this post will look at how to set up a query in LGH File Inspector, how to export LGH data, and some of the configurable options available in LGH File Inspector.
LGH File Inspector for AVEVA InTouch (formerly Wonderware) enables easy, scalable, fast access to local daily historical data files (*.lgh files) logged by AVEVA InTouch HMI and SCADA applications without the limitations imposed by other solutions.
- Extract data from those files for reporting, analysis, integration to other solutions, and more.
- Visual interface that does not require scripting, complicated setups, or migrating the data to historian tools to get the information you need
This is intended as a video quick start guide for the LGH File Inspector, walking you through each step on a basic level. Let’s jump into it and in less than 7 minutes you'll be ready to try it yourself!
To review, in this video, I’ve shown you
- How to install and start up LGH File Inspector for the first time
- What are and how to use LGH File Places
- Changing the LGH Data Directory
- Time Zone Settings
- Creating a query
- Running a query
- Viewing raw data
- Export options
- Creating a CSV file
- Saving a query file, and
- A quick overview of the Advanced Settings tab
This video is intended to act as a basic how-to for LGH File Inspector. If you're ready to learn more, view the Query Automation in LGH File Inspector tutorial, which provides more detail on the Advanced Settings available and how to use Windows Task Scheduler to automatically run queries.
As always, please feel free to contact our support team with any questions you may have, and don’t forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to LGH File Inspector and all our other products!
Ready to try the latest version of LGH File Inspector for AVEVA InTouch?