Timely notifications about abnormal conditions in your process are vital to minimizing downtime and the costs associated with it. Automating the process based on the condition of specific process variables gets you the information you need for making decisions as quickly as possible.
The following short video blog demonstrates step-by-step how easy it is to use the Cogent DataHub to establish a connection to an OPC data source and then define various flexible conditions for triggering email and/or SMS text notifications based on values collected from that OPC server.
In this video you will learn how to use the Cogent DataHub to establish a connection to an OPC data source (OPC server) and then how to configure different notifications to be sent by email or SMS/text message based on defined conditions of a process variable being monitored from that OPC server.
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to establish a connection to a OPC DA server.
- How to configure the outgoing email server settings in the DataHub
- How to configure an email alert for a boolean/discrete OPC process variable.
- How to configure an email alert for an analog OPC process variable.
- How to configure an SMS/text message alert for an analog OPC process variable.
If you're interested in learning more about the use cases for email/SMS alerts, you may find my to be very useful, as well as, the .
Are you ready to setup your own notifications with DataHub?