Knowledge is power and knowing the current state of your underlying server hardware for your process can be very powerful indeed. Keeping a pulse on information like CPU usage, available memory, memory consumption by a process and whether or not critical process are still running can be the difference between hours of downtime with thousands of dollars in lost production and being able to proactively avoid any downtime.
The following short video blog demonstrates step-by-step how easy it is to use the Cogent DataHub to monitor vital system statistics on your servers that can be shared in real-time via supported client interfaces such as OPC DA and OPC UA or even send email/SMS notifications.
In this video, you will learn how to setup the Cogent DataHub to monitor such server health information as Available Memory, Free Disk Space, CPU Utilization, Network Card Throughput, Internal Temperature, What Processes are running and how much memory a process is using so that you can be aware of any potential issues before they occur.
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to enable and configure System Monitor general settings.
- How to define which system parameters to monitor:
- Available memory (RAM)
- Available disk space
- CPU Utilization (Total Processor Time)
- Network Utilization (Bytes Sent/Received/Total)
- Server Temperature (Degrees K)
- State of a specific process
- How to view defined system parameter values.
- Suggestions on how to use monitored system values (, , )
Are you ready to start monitoring your own system with DataHub?