OmniServer's connectivity and data parsing capabilities are only part of how OmniServer helps with integrating non-standard devices with external software such as HMI, SCADA, MES, historians and other client application. How does the device data actually make it into the client?
In this video blog, I'll show you how to make a secure OPC UA connection from OPC UA clients supporting the Data Access profile to OmniServer for integrating process data from all of your "other" devices where there isn't a standard, off-the-shelf driver - all without the cost and effort of having to write a custom driver.
Watch this video to learn how to connect any OPC UA (Data Access Profile) client application to OmniServer, including basic setup, for integrating your non-standard devices without code. Looking for other how-to videos for OmniServer? Click here!
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure an OmniServer OPC UA server endpoint.
- How to define the endpoint URL and port.
- How to issue or import OmniServer's security certificate.
- How to enable/disable specific security encryption policies.
- How to trust or reject OPC UA client certificates (including how to import a certificate from an OPC UA client)
- How to configure an OPC UA connection to OmniServer from the Unified Automation UAExpert test client.
- How to export the client security certificate.
- How to configure the properties for a connection to OmniServer.
- How to browse and add objects from the OmniServer address space.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to OmniServer and for other how-to videos on using OmniServer.
Ready to access data from your own non-standard devices with your own OPC UA client using OmniServer?