So your organization has a custom developed application that is performing some important task and you've been tasked with providing access to that software for an OPC DA client or clients. Adding an OPC DA server interface to a custom application that either you've developed or that you've taken over from someone else can be a daunting task. This is especially true if you're unfamiliar with the low level nuts and bolts of the OPC DA Classic specification.
In this video blog, we teach you how to add an OPC DA Server interface to your custom software application using the SLIK-DA/UA rapid development toolkit.
Watch this video to learn how add an OPC DA server interface to an existing custom developed software application using SLIK-DA. Looking for other articles and information about SLIK-DA? Click here!
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- A quick introduction to the SLIK-DA rapid development toolkit
- How to add the SLIK-DA control to your Visual Studio Toolbox.
- How to implement an OPC DA server interface in your custom Visual Studio application:
- Adding a SLIK-DA control instance to your form.
- Defining the properties of the SLIK-DA control instance (including your application's OPC DA server ProgID that OPC DA clients will use to access it)
- Defining OPC groups and tags (including associating tags with your custom application's data for external access by OPC DA clients)
- Testing connectivity and functionality to your custom OPC DA server using an OPC DA test client.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates for SLIK-DA and for other articles and how-tos on using SLIK-DA (including how to add an OPC UA server interface) and other Software Toolbox solutions.
Ready to turn your own custom application into an OPC server?