2021 furthered the transformations of 2020 as industry worldwide continued to adapt to succeed in the face of new challenges such as supply chain, a growing labor shortage, and exploding customer demand.
This post is our 5th annual sharing of references to learning resources and new technology releases that users have told us were the most helpful to them over the course of the last year.
OPC UA Learning Resources
Users told us they found these resources involving learning about OPC UA and OPC UA security very helpful:
- E-Book - Exploring OPC UA Security Concepts
- Converting OPC DA Servers to OPC UA
- Logging OPC UA data to SQL and AzureSQL
- TOP Server OPC UA Security
- DataHub OPC UA Security
- OPC Router OPC UA Security
- OPC DataLogger OPC UA Security
- OmniServer OPC UA Security
IIoT Technology Top Technical Blog Posts
Each year we build more and more product video training and publish it in each product's training center. Here are some popular new videos and links to product training centers
- Integrating Ignition SCADA with OmniServer
- What you need to know about MQTT?
- TOP Server Training Videos
- OmniServer Training Videos
- DataHub Training Videos
- OPC Router Training Videos
- OPC Data Client Development Toolkit Basic Training
- Unifying process and business data sources with aggregations, calculations, and dashboarding for operational insights
- Flow Deep Dive - Using Web Services as Data Sources
We've had several product updates and pretty big releases in the last year, especially right around the turn of the new year. Review what you missed here:
- DataHub V10 - Store & Forward for Cloud Connections, MQTT SparkplugB support, Process Historian Support, OPC UA Alarms & Conditions, Expanded Alarm Notifications, Historical Data Tunneling, DataHub as Azure Service and more - Learn more about DataHub V10
- TOP Server V6.11 - Native Siemens S7-1200 and S7-1500 symbolic addressing support, BacNet scalability, Oil & Gas driver enhancements & more Learn More about TOP Server 6.11
- OmniServer - Enhancements to project backup and movement/sharing across systems, updated email plug-in, & more - Learn More About Omniserver Improvements
- OPC Router - Versions 4.25 and 4.26 - Docker Support for scalability, MongoDB support, enhanced remote configuration, enhanced InfluxDB suppport and more - Learn More about OPC Router
Tech Support Corner
- 5 Tips on Using OPC Quick Client
- Optimizing ControlLogix Communications with TOP Server
- Communications Troubleshooting - "I can ping it, it has to work?"
- Discussing OPC UA with your IT team
- Firewall ports and why your IT team has concerns
- Using LGH File Inspector with Remote InTouch Systems
View More Tech Support Corner Posts
Our expanded support team has a lot planned for 2022 so be sure you are subscribed to our technical blog.
- 2021 Delivered 3 OPC Data Client Releases that provided support for new operating systems, OPC UA functionality extensions, .NET 5 support, significant productivity improvements, troubleshooting tools, and more.
- Building Custom OPC Client Applications with Low-Code
- Building Custom OPC Client Applications with No Code
- Benefits of using Development Toolkits in custom OPC Client and OPC Server application development
See how other users use DataHub in the DataHub Case Studies Library
We hope you found this resource useful and that it helps you hone your skills and knowledge throughout this year and beyond. Subscribe to our blog and, as always, if you have questions, let us know.