OmniServer's connectivity and data parsing capabilities are its primary job; however, they are only part of how OmniServer helps with integrating non-standard devices with Inductive Automation's Ignition HMI/SCADA. How does the device data actually make it into Ignition and what devices can you connect Ignition to using OmniServer?
In this video blog, I'll show you how to use OmniServer for TPI to integrate vibration data into Ignition via an OPC UA client connection from Ignition to OmniServer - all without the expense and headaches of having to write custom code.
Watch this video to learn how to connect Inductive Automation's Ignition HMI/SCADA to OmniServer for TPI via OPC UA, including basic setup, for integrating TPI vibration monitors from Test Products International without code. For full-details on OmniServer's OPC UA Server configuration, click here for a tutorial.
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure an Ethernet device and Topic in OmniServer using the TPI protocols included with the OmniServer for TPI solution pack.
- How to determine what OPC UA endpoint URL and security options to use for connecting to OmniServer.
- How to configure an OPC UA connection in Ignition to OmniServer.
- How to establish an OPC UA security certificate-based trust relationship between Ignition and OmniServer.
- How to browse and add OPC UA tags in Ignition for OmniServer.
- How to add real-time values from OmniServer to a basic Ignition visualization window and modify the floating point precision.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to OmniServer and for other how-to videos on using OmniServer. Try OmniServer with your own devices and Ignition with the fully-functional free trial. If you're interested in using OmniServer to connect to your TPI vibration monitors, contact us for more information.
Ready to integrate your own non-standard devices with Inductive Automation's Ignition HMI/SCADA using OmniServer?