OmniServer Wedges are included with OmniServer Professional Edition. Wedges are built-in components providing additional useful capabilities that expand the functionality of OmniServer beyond its core connectivity and data parsing abilities for non-standard devices.
The OmniServer Database Wedge allows you to log your device data to any ODBC-compliant database, including SQL, with a highly configurable format and flexible conditions. And this ability is built into OmniServer, eliminating the need for separate external components or applications.
In this video blog, I'll show you how to get started using the OmniServer Database Wedge to easily log process data based on specified conditions, making it possible to monitor trends in your process and easily report on your process data or troubleshoot any issues that are discovered.
Watch this video to learn how to get started using the OmniServer Database Wedge, including basic setup, for logging to an ODBC-compliant database based on the condition of process data from your non-standard devices.
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure OmniServer Database Wedge properties:
- General properties including the Initial Mode, Notification and Last Error system items.
- Trigger condition and settings for your OmniServer Database Wedge (i.e. the logic which determines when to log your data to database).
- Optional Reset properties for writing back to an OmniServer item when the Trigger condition is true.
- Database properties
- Define the database name and log-in credentials
- Specify the table to log to.
- Specify whether to append or overwrite data to the table.
- Data properties
- Define the columns, the actual data and the data types to log.
- The resulting table displayed in MS SQL based on the how-to configuration.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to TOP Server.
Ready to log data to a database from your own devices using OmniServer Professional?