If you're reading this, you likely have at least one Siemens S7 PLC on your network being used in your industrial process and need to integrate data from that process.
In this video blog, I'll show you how to get started using our Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet driver to connect and gather real-time process data from Siemens S7 PLCs for Wonderware applications.
Watch this video to learn step-by-step how to get started using the TOP Server Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet driver, including best practices and basic setup, for collecting real-time data with Wonderware applications. Looking for connectivity to Siemens S7-1500 controllers via optimized symbolic tag addressing? Click Here
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- TOP Server best practices when working with Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet.
- How to configure a TOP Server channel using the Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet driver.
- How to configure a TOP Server Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet device.
(NOTE: For details on configuring an S7-1200 and S7-1500 controllers to properly expose data blocks for access by TOP Server, see our detailed FAQ here.)
- How to install TIA Portal Exporter Utility included with TOP Server.
- How to auto-generate static tags for a TOP Server Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet device.
- How to manually define static tags for a TOP Server Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet device.
- How to determine supported addressing for your Siemens S7 controller model and define dynamic addresses in Wonderware.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to TOP Server. And, as a reminder, if you need S7-1500 symbolic tag access, you need the TOP Server Siemens Plus Suite, which provides S7-1500 symbolic access using OPC UA.
Ready to start collecting real-time data from your S7 Ethernet PLCs?