Users of AVEVA™ software are already familiar with the native connectivity options they have for interfacing with different systems and devices. AVEVA users often turn to Cogent DataHub® for integration of a wide variety of industrial and other data sources such as MQTT clients/brokers, SparkplugB systems, databases, historians and much more.
AVEVA InTouch users have traditionally connected to DataHub via its OPC DA Classic interface (via AVEVA OI Gateway). AVEVA's OI Gateway also provides those users the additional option of connecting to OPC UA data sources, for easier and more secure remote connections to such data sources.
In this video blog post, we will cover the basic steps to connect AVEVA InTouch to DataHub via OPC UA, expanding the variety of connectivity options available to AVEVA users.
Watch this video to learn step-by-step how to get started connecting a wide variety of different systems and data sources with AVEVA InTouch over OPC UA via Cogent DataHub®, including issuing security certificates, exchanging security certificates, setting up user authentication and more.
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to confirm DataHub settings are correct prior to moving to client configuration (this example connects to a Modbus PLC).
- How to configure the DataHub OPC UA server interface settings for secure connectivity from UA clients including defining users/passwords and OPC UA server endpoints and the security policies for those endpoints.
- How to configure an OI Gateway OPC UA Client connection including testing settings, certificate locations and browsing/selecting OPC UA tags from DataHub.
- How to confirm OI Gateway settings are correct prior to moving to InTouch configuration.
- How to configure an InTouch project with a window, Access Name, Topic and Item for accessing DataHub securely via OPC UA.
And to take the next step and get your own data sources connected with InTouch using DataHub, visit our DataHub video resources library for client and data source how-to tutorials.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to not only be notified of future posts on DataHub and AVEVA applications but to also find out about more relevant technical topics applying to industrial process automation and solving related challenges.
Want to try DataHub for Integrating Your Own Industrial Data Sources with AVEVA InTouch? Download the free trial.