Most AVEVA™ users are already familiar with the native connectivity options they have for interfacing with different systems. AVEVA users have turned to OmniServer for many years to integrate non-PLC devices such as barcode scanners, weigh scales, vibration monitors, RFID readers and more, all without custom code.
Those users of AVEVA InTouch have traditionally connected to OmniServer directly via its native SuiteLink interface. AVEVA's OI Gateway provides those users the additional option of connecting to OPC UA data sources, for easier and more secure remote connections to such data sources.
In this video blog post, we will cover the basic steps to connect AVEVA InTouch to OmniServer via OPC UA, expanding non-PLC device connectivity options for AVEVA users.
Watch this video to learn step-by-step how to get started connecting a wide variety of non-standard, non-PLC devices with AVEVA InTouch over OPC UA via OmniServer, including issuing security certificates, exchanging security certificates, setting up user authentication and more.
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to confirm OmniServer settings are correct prior to moving to client configuration (this example connects to a TPI 9034 vibration monitor).
- How to configure the OmniServer OPC UA server interface settings for secure connectivity from UA clients including defining users/passwords and OPC UA server endpoints and the security policies for those endpoints.
- How to configure an OI Gateway OPC UA Client connection including testing settings, certificate locations and browsing/selecting OPC UA tags from OmniServer.
- How to confirm OI Gateway settings are correct prior to moving to InTouch configuration.
- How to configure an InTouch project with a window, Access Name, Topic and Item for accessing OmniServer securely via OPC UA.
And to take the next step and get your own devices connected with InTouch using OmniServer, visit our OmniServer video resources library for client and device-specific how-to tutorials.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to not only be notified of future posts on OmniServer and AVEVA applications but to also find out about more relevant technical topics applying to industrial process automation and solving related challenges.
Want to try OmniServer for Integrating Your Own Devices with AVEVA InTouch? Download the free trial.