Cogent DataHub supports a wide range of connectivity interfaces for different data sources such as OPC UA, OPC DA, ODBC, DDE and so much more. With those interfaces, DataHub is a flexible gateway commonly used for data integration by external software such as HMI, SCADA, MES, historians and other client applications.
In this video blog, I'll show you how to access data from AVEVA InTouch (formerly Wonderware) or AVEVA System Platform (formerly Wonderware) from OPC UA clients supporting the Data Access profile using the DataHub OPC Gateway.
Watch this video to learn how to connect any OPC UA (Data Access Profile) client application to AVEVA (formerly Wonderware) data sources using Cogent DataHub, including basic setup. Looking for other how-to videos for DataHub? Click here!
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure OI Gateway / FSGateway to connect to your AVEVA InTouch formerly Wonderware (or System Platform) data source.
- How to configure the DataHub OPC DA Client to connect to OI Gateway / FSGateway.
- How to configure the DataHub OPC UA Server.
- How to define the endpoint URL and port.
- How to manage DataHub's UA Server security certificate.
- How to enable/disable specific security encryption policies.
- How to trust or reject OPC UA client certificates (including how to import a certificate from an OPC UA client).
- How to configure a username/password for use in UA authentication.
- How to configure an OPC UA connection to DataHub from the Unified Automation UAExpert test client.
- How to export the client security certificate.
- How to configure the properties for a connection to DataHub, either using the included UA discovery server or by manually specifying the connection properties.
- How to browse and add objects from any DataHub data domain that is configured in your DataHub (which includes any data source DataHub can connect to).
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to DataHub and for other how-to videos on using DataHub.
Ready to access data from your AVEVA (formerely Wonderware) data sources with your own OPC UA client using DataHub?