OmniServer's connectivity and data parsing capabilities are its primary job; however, they are only the part of how OmniServer helps with integrating non-standard devices with Inductive Automation's Ignition HMI/SCADA. How does the device data actually make it into Ignition?
In this video blog, I'll show you how to make an OPC UA client connection from Ignition to OmniServer for integrating process data from all of your "other" devices that don't have a standard, off-the-shelf driver - and all without the expense and headaches of having to write custom code.
Watch this video to learn how to connect Inductive Automation's Ignition HMI/SCADA to OmniServer via OPC UA, including basic setup, for integrating your non-standard devices without code. For full-details on OmniServer's OPC UA Server configuration, click here for a tutorial.
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure a simulation topic in OmniServer using the CLIENT_TEST protocol and RANDOM device.
- How to determine what OPC UA endpoint URL and security options to use for connecting to OmniServer.
- How to configure an OPC UA connection in Ignition to OmniServer.
- How to establish an OPC UA security certificate-based trust relationship between Ignition and OmniServer.
- How to browse and add OPC UA tags in Ignition for OmniServer.
- How to add real-time values from OmniServer to a basic Ignition visualization window.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to find out about the latest updates to OmniServer and for other how-to videos on using OmniServer. Try OmniServer with your own devices and Ignition with the fully-functional free trial.
Ready to integrate your own non-standard devices with Inductive Automation's Ignition HMI/SCADA using OmniServer?