With the release of Cogent DataHub Version 9, we've expanded the multitude of data sources you can integrate to include IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) with MQTT (Message Queuing Telemetry Transport) support.
The following short video blog demonstrates step-by-step just how easy it is to configure the DataHub MQTT Client for publishing data from DataHub to any MQTT Broker, as well as, subscribing to data from any MQTT Broker for integration into your systems via DataHub's supported interfaces (such as OPC).
In this video you will learn how to setup the MQTT Client feature of Cogent DataHub V9 for the following functions:
- Subscribing to data available in an MQTT Broker (which can then easily be integrated with your other systems using DataHub's supported interfaces) - for this example, the data acquired from the MQTT Broker will be written to an OPC Server
- Publishing data available in Cogent DataHub (an OPC Server, for this example) to an MQTT Broker
Just to summarize, in this video, I've shown you:
- How to configure an MQTT Client Subscription (pulling data) for an MQTT Broker.
- How to configure an MQTT Client publish (pushing data) to an MQTT Broker.
For specific details on integrating your data with Azure, Amazon or Google cloud solutions using the DataHub customized MQTT connectors for those solutions, check out the following resources:
- DataHub IoT Gateway to Microsoft Azure IoT Hub
- DataHub IoT Gateway to Amazon AWS IoT Core
- DataHub IoT Gateway to Google Cloud IoT Core
Are you ready to start integrating your systems with the IIoT cloud?